Sunday, January 15, 2006

First toe-up

In preparation for actually making a sock out of my spiffy yarn, I decided to test the toe-up pattern. First I tried short-row toe, which was actually going along well until I realized I'd done too many reps and couldn't quite figure out how to properly 'knit in reverse' to the right spot. I then tried out Easy Toe, and *almost* had it before I screwed something up and decided to call it a night before I got too cranky. (It was, after all, about 4 am.

So today, I start over. We'll do Easy Toe again, 'cause that was pretty simple, straight-forward, and I wanted to see if I could actually figure it out.

Here it is, in all its KnitPicks Shine 'Orchid' glory. I want to make socks out of this yarn because it feels so soft, and I thought I'd knit my 'test subject' in the stuff to see if I would actually enjoy it. The pattern is the five-stitch repeat 'Beaded Rib'.



Yes, that's my foot. Yes, that's World of Warcraft on my monitor. Yes, I knit while I play. No, I have no life, thanks for asking :)

1 comment:

Alison said...

Pretty color for a pretty sock!