Monday, January 02, 2006

Hello and Ponderings

Hello, everyone! I was pointed in this direction by a friend, shortly after picking up the book. This should prove to be a great excuse to actually knit something from the book quickly!

I'm working on a couple projects already (another pair of socks and a shrug), but as fast as I knit when I have a purpose, something from SKS is definitely next on the list and should be started soon.

I've got plenty of sock yarn: a bunch of KnitPicks Essential and a pair of Simple Stripes, and some Brown Sheep Wildfoote. And I know I want to try toe-up socks (so I use up all the yarn) and a pair of circular needles (so I can work both at the same time). I'm thinking of working the Beaded Rib pattern. I'd like to do it in either the Simple Stripes or the Wildfoote -- which would be a better choice in this case?

1 comment:

Alison said...

I have way too many projects in the queue:) (And then I start a KAL, go figure.) I've never used either yarn, so I'm afraid I can't help you with your question. Please, let us know how you like Simple Stripes though!