Friday, August 18, 2006

Harebell Lace

Hello!

I have been a member of this group since April and I am embarrassed to say that I have nothing posted to date. This is about the change! I have so far completed 3 pairs of socks from that beloved book, Sensational Knitted Socks. Here is the most recent pair:


The Harebell Lace pattern! These socks were knitted with Merinomix 50 Madil (50% fine merino/50% pac dralon) 3 skeins, 136yds/skein, using 5 US size 00 needles. My gauge was 9 stitches and 11 rows per inch and I cast on 66 stitches for a US size 8 woman's shoe. (I know that many people will think that is an insane gauge and needle size to knit at, but I love the refined look of small stitches.) More photos and info is on my blog - please visit! These took me quite a while to finish, but I love love love them!

By the way, I was looking at some old posts and realized that I may be the mystery list member that is not included on the sidebar. My blog is up and running now, so please add me. I am so glad to be here. :)

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Lovely!
And I don't think your gauge is crazy at all. I almost always knit at 8 or 9 stitches per inch.

I may have to add that lace pattern to the future knit list.

Ginny said...

These are gorgeous! I may have to take on a lace pattern next.

Congratulations!