Saturday, August 26, 2006

Woven Stitch

The second pair of socks from SKS:


Woven Stitch socks made with two balls of ??? knitted with size ??? needles in ??? days. Size 7 1/2 feet. :) Yes, I'm sorry to say I have no idea what the specs are for these socks, but I must say that I love them. Love love love! They are soft and warm and a bit larger in gauge than I usually knit, I think. And I really like the colors even though I usually do not use variagated yarns. They are very similar to the Basketweave Rib that several other people have posted about, but with a smaller unit (2x2). I also really like the garter stitch border to the heel flap. Here's a closeup of the pattern:


Can you see it? You don't need your eyes checked - the photo is in fact slightly blurry. But, a new camera has just arrived, so beautiful clear photos are in the cards!

2 comments:

Sue C said...

I love the colorway of the yarn you used with that pattern stitch. Those socks do indeed look very comfy!

Carrie said...

Thanks! As I think back I am fairly sure that they were made with some flavor of Moda Dea yarn...