Monday, February 19, 2007

New member with finished SKS socks!

Hi, I'm Melissa. I'm a "real-life" knitting guild-mate and friend of hostess Alison, and now I finally have a reason to join this KAL. Below are my Baby Cable Rib socks, just finished last night. Yarn: Lorna's Laces "Happy Valley" (well aged in my stash). Needles: Brittany birch dpns, size 1 (the stress of the right twist snapped one of my first set, so I had to get more).





The photo above shows the true colors of the yarn. The next one shows the stitch detail nicely, but the colors are nowhere near that dark.

Now I have to decide which SKS pattern to knit next. I like a lot of them. I did buy the yarn to make the green and neon Fair Isle on the cover, but I haven't done a FI sock yet (I did do a pair in intarsia). I may wait until the new book comes out to decide. I have plenty of yarn to use for "mindless" socks in the meantime, not to mention a zillion other patterns.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Nice detail work with the stitches!

Lia said...

Beautiful job!

I had the same problem with a pair of Brittany needles when I was traveling. I stopped in at a LYS to buy another set, and the lady in the shop told me that the owner was discontinuing them because so many of the customers complained about them breaking! I switched to Crystal Palace, and haven't had any problems :)

Debbie said...

Those are very cool. I've been looking at that pattern every time I thumb through the book - great colors too.

Ginny said...

Welcome! And beautiful socks.

It feels like spring (colors, anyway) are on the way...