Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Hello! and some very simple socks...


I found this KAL after completing my first two-and-a-half pairs of SKS socks. The picture shows the first ones I finished: little tiny socks for my daughter, 48 stitches around, Lorna's Laces Lucky Stripe (the flash really killed the vibrancy of the colors!) on an Addi size 1 (magic loop).

Straight rib, except I made the heel flaps eye-of-partridge. I also played with some of the heel and instep details, since it seemed unlikely that Tabby would notice... I think I prefer having a two-stitch wide purl valley just above the instep decreases (right sock), and including the garter edge on the heel flap (left sock) is definitely better than not (right sock).

The ones I made for myself, and the ones I'm making for my husband, are also super-plain K2P2 rib. I can't wait to get done with his; I need to try something a little more interesting!

Emma Jane

No comments: