Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ridged Feather Socks


After a weekend of doing--no exaggeration--about 12 loads of laundry after the kids returned from camp, I was happy to steal an hour of knitting time while watching a favorite HBO Show, "Big Love." I finished my Ridged Feather Socks--the first pair I've made from start to finish during "Summer of Socks," and I am very pleased with them.
I know some people prefer to match up the colors on variegated yarns like this so that the stripes are the same colors in the same placement on both feet, but I rather like the fact that mine don't synch up at all--that really shows that they're handmade, and I like the one-of-a-kind feel of them.

I have more of a skein left than I usually do with yarns like Socks that Rock, so I am thinking about eking out a pair of baby socks for Afghans for Afghans with the remainder...but that will have to wait.

No comments: