Sunday, July 15, 2007

just the one so far!


Hi all, I've been reading this knitalong blog for a while now but haven't had anything to show - and now I've only got the one sock to show as well! Its mate is under construction...

I cast these on back in February. I don't get to knit very often as I'm a single mum and work fulltime, so knitting is done in 5 mins here and there and not even that every day. I had to unpick this sock twice as well - the first time I got as far as the heel flap when I realised I'd made a mistake. They were supposed to be a birthday present for my dad back in March (I realise now that that was rather optimistic ;-) but he knows I'm making him something and also how busy I am, and he doesn't seem to mind waiting.

They're the garter stitch rib in Shelridge Farm Charcoal, I cast on 62 stitches and am hoping for the best - not been able to fit them! They're too big for me and he's definitely got bigger feet than me...! I loved the yarn and the simplicity of the stitch - made a nice change from the usual rib.
I had terrible trouble with grafting the toe stitches together, I got the hang of it in the end but the end result is not as perfect as I'd hoped. I suspect with practice it'll get to look better.

I enjoy reading about everybody else's knitting and if it hadn't been for the several sock knitting blogs I read, this sock would probably not had got finished!

Cybèle (UK)

No comments: