Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Openwork Rib Four-stitch ribbing pattern


This is my first sock done from the Sensational Knitted Socks book. It is a four-stitch pattern on page 37.

The yarn is Seacoast Handpainted purchased from the Loopy Ewe. The color is Penstemon. This colorful yarn is handpainted in New Hampshire .60% Merino, 30% Bamboo, 10% Nylon approx. 400 yards7-8 st. /1", US 1-2 (2.25 mm - 2.75 mm).
I didn't want a detailed pattern that would get lost in the variegated yarn, so I chose a simple rib with little eyelet airholes for summer. I love this yarn, the bamboo in it makes it light.
Also blogged here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those socks look wonderful! The colors are fabulous and the pattern is really quite nice. I will have to try that one.

Sue J. said...

Beautiful! I'm going straight to that pattern. Looks super with that color!