Wednesday, May 31, 2006

FO: Nordic Garter Rib Socks

Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your nice comments, I thought you'd like to see the socks I finished over the weekend.

I am pleased with them but I must admit they have turned out rather large. I was over-generous estimating the size. So my bf is proudly wearing them but they are very baggy.

My teenage son, who has smaller feet, was so disgruntled that the socks turned out not to be for him, that I have had to start an almost identical pair of socks to fit him.

The new socks are a size smaller, on 72 sts instead of 80, but otherwise I'm using the same garter rib pattern. The yarn is Regia self striping Crazy Colors again, but this time in green.

I think on the green pair I will also switch to a smaller needle size when I do the heel flap, as it is definitely oversized on the red&blue pair shown here.

More photos to come!

Happy sock knitting everyone

Rachel

No comments: