Tuesday, January 23, 2007

sock yarns

I've just joined this blog and just got SKS a week ago. I can't wait to get started on a pair from that book. Any recommendations on good ones to start with?

I'm posting to tell you about a yarn that i got in a som from Knitting.com called regia silk. i don't knit solid-colored socks too often, but this is in a beautiful olive color that matches a shawl I was given for Christmas, so I couldn't resist. Once i started knitting, I fell in love with how it knits and how it feels. I finished the first sock Friday, and of course, had to try it on. I didn't want to take it off. The pattern they sent with it was a lace pattern which i have never done before, but i love it too, and it's not too hard. hopefully you'll like regia silk as much as i do.

2 comments:

Alison said...

I've been meaning to try Regia Silk for a while. Might have to get around to it very soon!

desacad said...

you will love it! i promise! it does split more than some yarns do, but usually when i am not watching closely. it has such a nice memory on the needle is why i think i like it.