Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Intro


Hello socksters!

I've been reading the blog for a while, and have been waiting to finish my most recent pair of socks before posting. These socks pictured were made toe-up from Big Print remnants I found in my stash. I didn't use a pattern from the SKS book, but I did use the yarn-over cable stitch found in there. I knit toe-up until I ran out of the yarn, and then knit a fairly chunky cuff to make the socks tall enough.

I am also in the middle of a pair of socks using Trekker yarn, a gift for my husband. These, too, I'm using my own pattern, but utilizing the basket-rib stitch from the book. This is a gorgeous stitch! I'll be sure to post pictures when they're done.



I knit one pair of socks using a pattern directly out of SKS. It was after struggling through errors in the version I have that I found this blog, because I was googling looking for support. I was glad to see the errata linked here!

These socks were knit from Knit Picks' Essential, using the mosaic sock pattern in SKS, and the crusader's check stitch. They're very fun to wear!

Nice to be a part of this blog. I loooove seeing every body's pictures. What a great collection of gorgeous socks!

Valerie
http://knitikas.blogspot.com

No comments: