Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sock Answers

Why make socks when you can buy them in bulk at the store?
I mainly knit socks because they are quick(er) to knit, they are easy to fit and they don't take a lot of yarn/money to make a nice gift for myself or others. But I still wear a lot of store socks.

What is your favorite sock yarn?
I never met a sock yarn I didn't like.

What is your favorite online sock yarn store?
Astrid's Dutch Obsessions. Great prices, great selection. Even with shipping to USA the prices are very good. I have chosen the cheapest/longest shipping and found the yarn arrived a lot sooner than I thought it would. About 4 weeks. If you subscribe to her e-mail list she will tell you all about her sales.

What is your favorite pattern from SKS?
Hands-down that would be Ridged Feather. I think I have made 4 or 5 sets of that now, and can't seem to do anything else lately.

Hope you USA folks have a terrific Thanksgiving. I am very thankful to be able to share my knitting with you, and I love reading about and seeing your beautiful socks!

Peace!
Susan
ZenKnit

No comments: