Thursday, November 16, 2006

Socktacular!

Why make socks when you can buy them in bulk at the store?
Why knit a sweater or bake a cake? I think it's the same principle. You have to enjoy the process. Overall, I am a product knitter. I knit in order to produce an item, but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy the process. Aside from that, it's all about the fabulous yarn and the excellent custom-fit!

What is your favorite sock yarn?
My favorite sock yarn is Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock. LOVE this stuff. The density and texture are outstanding. It's superwash and wears well. The colors are intense and creative. Love love love! (A close runner-up is Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock. Nice twist, great colors, wears well).

What is your favorite online sock yarn store?
Tough question, since my favorite yarn (Socks that Rock) can only be bought online at www.bluemoonfiberarts.com I feel like I could never do without them:), however, for overall selection, price, and customer service I would have to go with www.simplysockyarn.com . And for Lorna's Laces, hands down, it's all about www.yarn-store.com . Even though Simply Sock Yarn stocks it too, they don't have the realtime stock meter of each colorway! I love that. Also, Angelika (of yarn-store.com) ships exceptionally fast. I'll order on a Friday and have it on Monday! (She just added two new exclusive colorways...I couldn't resist green apple:)

What is your favorite pattern from SKS?
So far my favorite pattern has been the basket weave rib. It's simple and looks fantastic. It works well with mostly solid yarn or hand-dyed.

No comments: