Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Sock Answers

I'm game. Here are my sock answers:

Why make socks when you can buy them in bulk at the store? For the challenge of it. Something about the construction makes it so much more interesting than other knitting. And until I received my first pair of socks (in the Sock Wars contest), I had no idea about how wonderful handknit socks feel. They are Cleckheaton yarn in a wool/silk blend. Now I am a true believer. The rest of the socks I make may just be for me.

What is your favorite sock yarn? I like Lorna's Laces. I'm knitting with Lana Grossa right now, and the one finished sock is really soft and comfy. Claudia's Handpainted is also very nice.

What is your favorite online sock yarn store? I've only ordered online from Knit Happens, which is one of my LYSes. I ordered Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Purl. But I actually saw someone knit up a Clapotis from the same yarn and colorway, so that sock yarn might not actually go into socks. (Horrors!)

What is your favorite pattern from SKS? I'm digging the chevron pattern in the Lana Grossa grey/black/white stripe right now, but I'm pretty much over striping yarn, so I'm going to move on from there. I love the Elongated Corded Rib, and may make another one of those. But I also have envied the Harebell Lace and Oriel patterns I've seen on the blog, so those are up next.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's answers!

No comments: