Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Alternating 2x2 Rib

Finally another finished pair of SKS socks. The Alternating 2x2 Ribs using Mountain Colors 4/8's Wool in the Sweet Lavender colorway.


These socks were worked toe-up using the Easy Toe cast-on on size 4 Brittany dpn's over 56 stitches for the body of the sock with a plain foot and patterning above the ankle. For the heel, I used the yarnover short-row heel by Priscilla Gibson-Roberts. The ribbing was worked using 3.0 mm Holz & Stein rosewood dpns'. The socks are a women's size 9.5 and used almost the entire skein. I had about a yard and half remaining.

The pattern is quick 4 stitch repeat that while simple isn't boring. Normally I don't knit socks in worsted weight and have never used the 4/8's. This was a teaching project that turned out to be a pleasure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Great job!

Margie said...

Don't you just love that stitch pattern! I even have some of the same yarn you used. HMMMM.... I can't make socks from non-superwash wool, though. The three pairs I've made have all been felted by DH.

Beverly said...

OOOH. I feel your pain. This is my first non-machine washable pair and I sure hope I don't forget and toss them in.